How To Find
TRAVELLING FROM THE NORTH
- Follow the main A595 Cumbrian Coastal route heading South
- When arriving at the Ravenglass junction, turn left
following the main road to Muncaster Castle.
- Travel a further 2 miles until you pass a house named
Nether Stainton on the left.
- After going round the next left hand bend you will notice
a small lay-by (again on the left) and a cattle grid leading to some farm
buildings (there are two pink cottages visible also).
- Go over this cattle grid taking the left lane to Dyke
Croft.This is where the key can be collected for both Woodside House &
TRAVELLING FROM THE SOUTH
- After leaving the Motorway at Junction 36 follow the
signs north for Barrow or Workington.
- Travelling along the A590 the village of Greenodd will be
on your right.
- Turn off here, crossing the river and passing the garage
on your left.
- Follow this road heading north for 30 miles.
- You will drive through the village of Bootle, then a
further 4 miles to Waberthwaite.
- Travel past The Brown Cow Inn, keep following the main
road another mile and you will descend a steep hill (there is a white farmhouse
at the foot of this hill).
- Along the straight road approximately 500 yards you will
notice some farm buildings and pink cottages on your right.
- Take the cattle grid on the right as if going to the farm
but take the left hand lane over the cattle grid to Dyke Croft. This is where
the key can be collected for both cottages.
Back to top